Alles Schöne und Gute zum Neuen Jahr!
Silvester find ich ja an sich überbewertet, allerdings wann sonst wünscht Jeder mal Jeden fast gleichzeitig auf der Welt etwas Gutes? Ich wünsche hiermit offiziell allen Freunden von Lollis Homestay Hostel ein ganz tolles und aufregendes Jahr!
Happy New Year to you all! We wish you a exciting and wonderful year!
You don´t know what to do on new year? We help you out!
First the best spots in Dresden to watch the firework (don´t forget the regions typical Rotkäppchen sparkling wine (Sekt), or more exquisite but more expensive, the Schloss Wackerbart Sekt):
- On the Schwebebahn in Loschwitz quarter, one of the finest in Dresden, high situated on the cableway station is a platform from where you get the best view over the blue wonder bridge, the elbe valley and the old town. Take tram no 6 or bus no 61 till Körnerplatz or Schillerplatz, from there walk up the hill. It is maybe better to follow the crowds to get sure, you will not getting lost.
- Castle Albrechtsberg, one of my favorite places anyway, romantic balcony, in front of you the breathtaking view and behind you the romantic castle and it´s roman bath, here you get definitely the best view for one of Dresdens finest fireworks, and of course you will see everything else from there too. Take tram no 11 to schloss albrechtsberg and walk through the big gate, go on straight…
- if you want to be right in the event, you should go to the Augustusbrücke directly in the old town, watch the people, listen to the loud sounds and be part of a crazy happening. Walk or take tram no 8.
After all you should warm yourself up with one of the parties in the Neustadt quarter:
- For people over 30 years Katys Garage is a good spot, you will get a welcome sekt, a buffet is there too (start 7:30pm)
- The Sputnik Peruk Motto Party in the Scheune is for all, who like to dance and to party, the homeless sputnik club always offers a good party full of drunk people… (start 9pm), 15 €
- In the Metronom there is a fancy dress party with all kind of music (start 8pm)
- Club Puschkin offers 3 floors and Breakbeat, Drum’n’Bass/ Jungle, Funk, Mashup, Nu Rave and Nu Skool Breaks for 5 €, start 0:30am
- In the Club der Republik starts a party at 1am
- The party zone AZ Conny, which is a alternative spot offers Drum’n’Bass/ Jungle, Electro, Pop and Rock for 5 €, start 8pm
- The Madness Bar is for free, dance to Drum’n’Bass/ Jungle, Electro, Pop and Rock, start 10pm
- In the groovestation is the entrance 3 € before midnight, and 5 € after…there is enough place to let the party start with Breakbeat, Funk, Hip Hop/ Rap, Mashup and Nu Skool Breaks
- Altes Wettbüro also offers a New Years Party, start 10pm
- The Bautzner Tor, one of the finest GDR style pubs presents the Marracash Orchestra after midnight!!!
But there will be of course more partyspots, a lot of private partys, where you can kindly ask, if you can join, or just in the bar around the corner like the Heavy Duty or the Cafe Combo….or just be part of the general euphoria in the streets.
Have a good new year!